I think this is the last top 5 idea I have.
I really thought writing lists would be an easy way to blog on vacation, but they turned out to be a lot more work once I spent time looking them up and writing them and including links. They were a lot of fun though. Maybe my first yearly tradition for this.
This will be a list of specific episodes instead of just broad shows. There will probably be more than 5 too. Also, no links because these are hosted all over the place. If you have an iPhone, they are in your podcast app.
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History:
- Blueprint for Armageddon I-VI. This may be kind of cheating because it is a series, but it may also be not cheating because having 6 amazing episodes is harder than having just one. Either way, I am going to do it again:
- Wrath of the Khans. All of them.
- Hell, listen to anything and everything from Hardcore History.
- Waking Up with Sam Harris:
- #30: Inside the Crucible – A Conversation with Michael Weiss.
- #18: The Multiverse and You (& You & You & You…)
- #22: Surviving the Cosmos: A Conversation with David Deutsch
- #26: The Logic of Violence: A Conversation with Jocko Willink
- #34: The Light of Mind: A Conversation with David Chalmers
- The Joe Rogan Experience: Language warning on this one. Lots and lots of language.
- #773: Dr. Rhonda Patrick
- #804: Sam Harris
- #847: Dan Carlin
- #852: John Anthony West
- #872: Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson
- The Tim Ferris Show:
- I am not even going to name specific episodes here, just listen to everything. There is something for everyone on this podcast, and it will improve your life.
- A few I have listened to random episodes of and really liked:
- The Portfolio Life with Jeff Goins
- Bulletproof Radio
- Mindfulness Mode
- Welcome to Night Vale
- Lori Harder’s Earn Your Happy
Podcasts are the best thing in the world, I love them.
Let me know if I am missing a good one.