I had a hard time coming up with 5 movies I watched at all, and an even harder time picking 5 I saw for the first time this year.
I tend to re-watch movies I have already seen rather than risk an hour and a half on something new.
I am really bad about getting halfway through a movie and quitting.
The blog about documentaries. tomorrow will be better.
Most of the time, I just have television shows I have seen multiple times on in the background so I can work on stuff. Looking through my Netflix history I saw The Office, Parks and Rec, The Inbetweeners, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders and It’s Always Sunny (twice this year alone), but very few movies.
So anyway, the best of sparse offerings.
- Rams. I got to watch this while I was tube feeding my cat. More on that in a few days. I have no idea why, but this movie was completely engrossing. It may have something to do with being a close depiction of how I would like to live.
- Mad Max: Fury Road. Blood and steel and fire and trucks. If that doesn’t grab you, this may not be for you. Also, Tom hardy is my favorite actor.
- Creed. I had very low expectations going in, but I ended up loving this one. It’s the standard Rocky movie for sure, but also an effective restart to keep the series going. Barbara cried. A lot.
- Dope. So much fun. A good kid gets caught up in drug trouble, all set to a 90’s hip-hop soundtrack. Has a remarkably good heart to it.
- World of Tomorrow. Terrifying and beautiful, all in 16 minutes.
What are the best movies you saw this year?
For real give me some ideas.
It should not be this difficult to come up with 5 in 12 months.