Max was up all night crying about his foot (the fact that it sounds like “butt” when he says it becomes less and less funny the later it gets) and is now parked next to me watching Zootopia.
I still don’t like Zootopia.
Anyway, this isn’t about bashing a kids’ movie, but five sets of five cool things. Maybe I will do this from time to time as a way of covering up the fact that I am exhausted and want to die.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- 13 Assassins
- Spirited Away
- The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
- The Imperial Radche series by Anne Leckie
Scary Short Stories
- The Dreams in the Witch House by HP Lovecraft
- Great God Pan by Arthur Machen
- The Willows by Algernon Blackwood
- The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood
- The Haunted Valley by Ambrose Bierce
- Paris is Burning
- Rich Hill
- Happy People: A Year in the Taiga
- The Other F Word
- Welcome to Leith
Simple Ways to Make Your Life Better
- Turn off all notifications on your phone except for phone calls. Nothing shows up on the lock screen except calls.
- Only check things on your phone in predetermined, intentional batches
- Put your phone away in the evening (I always fail on this one)
- Go outside every day, no matter what the weather is like
- Build something
So there, an impromptu list of lists. Max, by the way, is now fine, jumping around and laughing. He’s only sick when it’s time to sleep.